Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A gloomy day in Paris!

Yesterday we spent all day in Paris!! When I say all day I mean all day, we left the hotel at 3:45 am. When we arrived we were greeted with some AMAZING weather. It was like 40 degrees, gloomy, and rainy all day. We started our day off visiting Notre Dame. This building was amazing to see. Later that day we were shopping in  the souvenir shops when we noticed a ton of police officers outside the Notre Dame, turns out someone committed suicide in the building that day.
 This symbol is on the ground out in front, it is known that if you cross this in your path it is suppose to give you good luck...so I crossed it because we all know I have bad luck as it is and need all the good luck I can get!
We then got on a red bus tour that took us around Paris to see the city. 
the Louvre court yard


It truly is a beautiful city.

We got to go to the Lovers bridge to see all the locks, ended up that there was a guy selling locks as well so we all decided to take part in this Paris tradition.

Got myself a lock, since I don't have a significant other! Hope it brings good luck
We went to the Louvre Museum  which is one of the worlds largest museums. I really wanted to see the Mona Lisa and the Hammurabi Code but it was closed...sad day. 

Paris was absolutely amazing to see, however; I was a little bummed I didn't meet a good looking french guy.  For dinner we went to a restaurant and got dessert to eat, because we were so sicks of paying for food we don't like. I got chocolate cake and when they brought it out it had a sparkler on it. It was pretty cool. On our way to the train station we got to see a drunk guy in the Metro station get taken away by a paramedic team because he was so drunk. He carried a box of wine and a guitar and couldn't even stand up. We we got back on the train to head back to London I was very thankful to sit down and fall asleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment