Monday, May 27, 2013

Friday, Our last day in London

Friday we woke ate breakfast (which I must say was far better than what was served in our hotel), then said goodbye to my cousins oldest daughter Maisie as she was off to her last day of school.

After Maisie left for school we then walked her 7 year old son Alfie to school. Then we packed up her car and headed for the coast. It was very weird being in the front seat of the car where the drivers seat is on the left. I kept feeling like I should have been driving. We went to Broadstairs, and visited a few of the beaches.
The sea was gorgeous.



The tide almost got Elliot and I, lucky we ran fast enough. Kayla was not so lucky she got soaked, poor girl.
This link is a video of Erin my cousin trying to take a picture of her son Elliot and I as the tide nearly got us. 
 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152076784604657
\
When we got back to London we went with the group to our last dinner in London. What did we have you ask...Pizza Hut! We were all very full leaving and happy with that decision. 
Following dinner Kayla and I went to the Wicked show. Seeing this live was absolutely amazing. I have never seen a show like this before so I was excited to go. The story line of Wicked was the story before the Wizard of Oz. Good thing I went because I didn't know any of that story. After about an hour and 15 min into the show the ended the scene with was we thought was a grand finally. Kayla and I grab our stuff to leave, realizing that not everyone was getting up. I texted my cousin confused, was it over or was it an intermission. To our surprise the show was not over it was only an intermission.  When the show was indeed over we headed back to the hotel to pack our things to head back to America! We meet at 4 am in the hotel to leave for the airport, So I stayed up almost all night hoping I could sleep on the plane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment